1/4 Photos of Jumbo Blueberry Muffins With Streusel Topping
This is just as successful made in regular size tins as well just reduce the baking time --- if using frozen blueberries I like to partially thaw them firstly after coating them with sugar, the partially thawed blueberries give a wonderful marbling effect to the baked muffins, but don't make the mistake of thawing too much it will effect the baking of the muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 egg, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees (350 degrees for convection oven).
- 2Prepare 7 jumbo muffin tins with jumbo paper liners.
- 3Prepare the streusel topping: In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon together; cut in the butter with your fingers until crumbly, set aside in the fridge.
- 4For the muffins: Toss the fresh berries with 2 Tbsp sugar; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, sift together, the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, sift again (sifting twice!); add in the lemon zest and the coated blueberries; toss gently to mix.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream (or milk, if using), melted butter and the almond extract until well combined.
- 7Add the egg mixture to the flour/berry mixture, mix gently with a wooden spoon JUST until combined (mixture is supposed to have lumps, and NOT be smooth, DO NOT OVERMIX!).
- 8Spoon batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- 9Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- 10Bake for approximately 25 minutes (for jumbo muffins), or until muffins test done with a toothpick.
- 11Cool for 15-20 minutes and remove with a butter knife slipped gently underneath the paper to lift, set to a wire rack.
- 12**NOTE** This can be made using frozen blueberries, but will take longer to bake, also to double the recipe, prepare in two seperate mixing bowls adding the same ingredients to each, do not double the recipe and make in one bowl!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Blueberry Muffins With Streusel Topping
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g