These hearty muffins(dense like a poundcake and rise beautifully like a bakery muffin) are great for bake sales or to freeze for later. I mix them up in my Kitchen Aid in a few minutes (dump and mix all ingredients together, adding berries once it's mixed). I use blueberries or cranberries with sugar/sliced almonds on top.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 teaspoon almond and vanilla extract if you're using cranberries)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavor extract (don't worry if you don't have it)
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder (yes, 8)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups blueberries (If you want a "true-blue" muffin, mash part of the blueberries) or 4 cups cranberries (If you want a "true-blue" muffin, mash part of the blueberries)
- Mix all ingredients, added the berries once everything is mixed and pour into well-greased muffins tins (I only bake in the jumbo pans).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (longer for jumbo).
- Muffins are done when toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Makes 4 dozen muffins.
- Note: When I make cranberry muffins I sprinkle coarse sugar and slivered almonds on top before baking).