Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lightly breaded jumbo diver sea-scallops, baked in a terrific lemon garlic butter sauce!!! One of my favorites. Delicious served with a crisp green salad and pasta or French bread, -or- may be served as an appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo deep sea scallops (diver's scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fine plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 fresh lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the butter and garlic (and the white wine, if using) into an oven proof baking dish (I use a pyrex pie plate).
- Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until butter is melted (or, you may place the dish of butter into the hot oven for a few minutes, until butter melts).
- Rinse scallops well under cold water. Arrange rinsed scallops (no need to dry them) in the dish of melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley and lemon thyme. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over scallops.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon quarter evenly over the scallops.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- To Serve:.
- Serve with additional fresh lemon wedges at the table.
- A delicious meal served with a crisp green salad and pasta or French bread, plus a glass of white wine! Or, may be served as an appetizer.
Terrific! I made this dish for Christmas Eve and my husband loved it and so did I. The only thing I changed was I didn't have lemon thyme but I used lemon zest. Othwise followed the recipe. Simple and delicious, a great scallop lovers dish. I will be making this dish again for sure. Thanks and happy holidays!
YUMMY as can be! DEFINATELY use white wine but maybe is ME! SO simple, EASY to do! LOVE the entertaining versatility too! Foolproof, failproof recipe! Added extra garlic, personal preference for ME! THANKS!
I used small scallops and only about half of the breadcrumbs. Very pleased with the results and will certainly use this recipe again. Ann in Alabama