Recipe by BecR
Lightly breaded jumbo diver sea-scallops, baked in a terrific lemon garlic butter sauce!!! One of my favorites. Delicious served with a crisp green salad and pasta or French bread, -or- may be served as an appetizer.
Top Review by Paintpuddles
Terrific! I made this dish for Christmas Eve and my husband loved it and so did I. The only thing I changed was I didn't have lemon thyme but I used lemon zest. Othwise followed the recipe. Simple and delicious, a great scallop lovers dish. I will be making this dish again for sure. Thanks and happy holidays!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo deep sea scallops (diver's scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fine plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 fresh lemon, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the butter and garlic (and the white wine, if using) into an oven proof baking dish (I use a pyrex pie plate).
- Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until butter is melted (or, you may place the dish of butter into the hot oven for a few minutes, until butter melts).
- Rinse scallops well under cold water. Arrange rinsed scallops (no need to dry them) in the dish of melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley and lemon thyme. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over scallops.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon quarter evenly over the scallops.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- To Serve:.
- Serve with additional fresh lemon wedges at the table.
- A delicious meal served with a crisp green salad and pasta or French bread, plus a glass of white wine! Or, may be served as an appetizer.