1/7 Photos of Jumbo Apple Cinnamon Rolls
5 hrs 15 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Something I always wanted to try to make was cinnamon rolls. I'm always turned off by the ones made at various places because they are either swimming in some sort of buttery cinnamon goo, or they have icing poured all over them. That's just too much sweet for me.. So in my hunt to find a decent recipe- I ended up coming up with this.. The apple parts were add in honor of my husband..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml warm water (105 -110 F)
- 1.23 ml powdered sugar
- 7.08 g package dry active yeast
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 44.37 ml butter (unsalted)
- 59.16 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml nonfat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1064.65 ml flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter (unsalted)
- 78.07 ml applesauce
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 7.39 ml white sugar
- 1Mix together water, powder sugar and yeast - set aside for 10 minutes. It will become foamy.
- 2In sauce pan over low heat - mix milk, sour cream, butter, sugar and applesauce. Do not boil. Remove from heat when mixture is warm.
- 3Stir in yeast mixture.
- 4Beat in the eggs.
- 5Add flour gradually; 1 cup at a time- keep batter smooth.
- 6Knead the dough.
- 7Place dough in a large bowl and set inside a cold oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8While you wait, Create your filling. Starting by Washing, peeling and dicing up your apples.
- 9In sauce pan on low-med heat - cook together butter, applesauce and diced apples, sugars and cinnamon.
- 10To prevent burning, stir frequently- mixture is ready when apple pieces are fork tender.
- 11Now pour contents into food processor or blender, process until apple pieces are finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let it sit until dough is ready.
- 12Now take out your risen dough, flour your work surface well - sprinkle with a bit of ground cinnamon.
- 13Roll out your dough into a large rectangle.
- 14Spread over the dough, but remember to leave at least a 1 inch margin along one of the longer sides of your rectangle.
- 15Now starting at the opposite side, carefully begin to roll your dough.
- 16Use a little bit of water to seal the ending side.
- 17Begin to evenly cut your dough into 12 slices. (I find that using a piece of string to do this task prevents your roll from getting smashed).
- 18Place slices swirled side facing up in greased and floured cake pan.
- 19Again let dough rest in cool oven 1 hour or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night (makes for a nice breakfast treat).
- 20Before baking, chop together the topping ingredients in a food processor. Sprinkle this over the rolls. (This can also be done before refrigerating).
- 21Bake at 350°F about 45 or until done - edges should be a golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g