Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Nova Scotia cookbook I picked up at the thrift store. DBF is not a lover of crisps BUT this one he was eating for breakfast with milk on it! Go figure
- To flour, sugar, cinnamon add butter and blend.
- Add oats and nuts.
- Mix ¼ of crumb mixture with blueberries. Place in buttered 8x8 deep dish.
- Cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350º for about 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, with ice cream.
We thought the topping was a bit to dry. But the addition of vanilla ice cream made this a very nice dessert at the end of a cookout.
I have other fruit crisp recipes but I have to say this is my new favorite!! By keeping the ingredients simple, the fresh blueberry flavor really comes through. My husband & son both said that this recipe is a definite keeper. I've made it twice now and the first time I toasted & finely chopped the pecans. The 2nd time, I roughly chopped them and did not toast. I preferred the untoasted, roughly chopped way - personal preference. Definitely try this one!
YUMMY! Split into two pans. Ate half and the other half is in the freezer.