Recipe by joolzcd
I didn't create this recipe but it's in my recipe box so it probably came from my mom. I use milk because I never have half-&-half. I have also made without the sherry but don't advise it even though it still tastes good.
Top Review by diner524
We enjoyed this for dinner last night. I made exactly as written, but when it came to baking the dish there wasn't a temperature written in the directions, so I baked it at 350 degrees. Next I would add some garlic to this dish along with the shallot. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 226.79 g spaghetti, cooked drained and rinsed with cold water
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml shallot, minced
- 340.19 g mushroom, sliced
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 158.51 ml fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 709.77 ml cubed cooked turkey
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add shallot and cook over medium heat until soft, 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk, sherry, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce to low, cooking until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in 1/3 cup of parmesan and the turkey.
- Pour over pasta in a baking dish and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
- Dot the top with remaining butter cut into tiny pieces.
- Bake until golden brown and crusty, 20 minutes.