1/1 Photo of Julie's Turkey Tetrazzini
I didn't create this recipe but it's in my recipe box so it probably came from my mom. I use milk because I never have half-&-half. I have also made without the sherry but don't advise it even though it still tastes good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spaghetti, cooked drained and rinsed with cold water
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 3/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter.
- 2Add shallot and cook over medium heat until soft, 1 minute.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, 5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in milk, sherry, salt and pepper.
- 6Bring to a simmer then reduce to low, cooking until thickened, 3 minutes.
- 7Remove sauce from heat and stir in 1/3 cup of parmesan and the turkey.
- 8Pour over pasta in a baking dish and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
- 9Dot the top with remaining butter cut into tiny pieces.
- 10Bake until golden brown and crusty, 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie's Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 789.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 54.1 g