Recipe by mpk911lady
I love the taste of the traditional tomato beef however I prefer chicken and after many trials and errors this is what I have come up with and my whole family loves it.
Top Review by Messy44
Adopted this chef for PAC Fall 2007. Well, now, here is a very easy recipe that is just plain good. Everyone gave thumbs up! Will make again. Thanks, 911 Lady! Glad you were my adoptee! ~Messy44
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 4 stalks celery, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Get your rice started, hopefully you have a rice maker.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, wine, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, pepper and the cornstarch and allow to marinate for atleast 30 minute
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and ketchup; set aside.
- Place wok over high heat and add the 1 tablespoons of canola oil. Add the chunks of chicken and stir fry for several minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the regular onions and the green onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables except the tomato and stir fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the remaining broth mixture and the tomatoes, cook for 1 minute or until it thickens slightly.
- **note** Roma tomatoes tend to work the best on this recipie and again if you want to make it vegetarian simply exchange tofu for the chicken and use a vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.