Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
We like pickled asparagus in our Bloody Mary drinks and on a relish tray. This is a recipe we have used for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize 7 pint canning jars,lids & rings. Keep warm & clean.
- 2Wash any sand from asparagus and cut to fit jars.
- 3Place asparagus,onion 2 pieces of garlic, 1/4 teaspoons dill and the pepper into each jar.
- 4Into a pan place vinegar, water and salt. Place on high heat and bring to a boil for 5 minute.
- 5Pour some of the vinegar solution into each jar. Slide a knife carefully around the filled jar to release any air bubbles. Wipe rims and jar sides clean and place lid and ring on and hand tighten. Place on a rack into a boiling water bath,making sure lids are covered with 1 inch of water,bring water to another boil and time for 20 minutes.
- 6Carefully remove and place onto a towel to cool. Ready to eat in one month or later.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie's Spicy Pickled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g