Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
We like pickled asparagus in our Bloody Mary drinks and on a relish tray. This is a recipe we have used for years.
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus, washed and hard bottoms snapped
- 1 large onion, thin sliced
- 14 pieces garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- 1⁄2 dried hot pepper, seeds removed
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 3 cups water
- Sterilize 7 pint canning jars,lids & rings. Keep warm & clean.
- Wash any sand from asparagus and cut to fit jars.
- Place asparagus,onion 2 pieces of garlic, 1/4 teaspoons dill and the pepper into each jar.
- Into a pan place vinegar, water and salt. Place on high heat and bring to a boil for 5 minute.
- Pour some of the vinegar solution into each jar. Slide a knife carefully around the filled jar to release any air bubbles. Wipe rims and jar sides clean and place lid and ring on and hand tighten. Place on a rack into a boiling water bath,making sure lids are covered with 1 inch of water,bring water to another boil and time for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove and place onto a towel to cool. Ready to eat in one month or later.
Great Job Julie! You know your stuff.