Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay...so the truth is out...I love spam! This makes a terrific sandwich spread :)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Grate the spam. (I usually just use my pastry cutter).
- Combine all ingredients except the mayo.
- Add just enough mayonnaise to hold ingredients together.
- Use for sandwich spread or on a bed of lettuce or on crackers for an appetizer.
This is an awesome combination! I made a few changes though. I cooked the spam & onion in 2 tbsp oil for about 5 minutes - turning continuously until the onion was see thru & the spam was nicely browned. I also added an extra tbsp relish & an extra tbsp mayo because I found the meat too salty. Chilled overnight & perfection was reached! Sent my hubby off to work with this, a few slices of crisp lettuce & tomato, & 4 slices of fresh bread & wow. He's my best friend again ;)
I loved this! I used the food processor to combine everything into a paste. It reminded me of the deviled ham in that little can (the one with a devil on the label).
Hi! :) I made this and thought it was great, but I needed to add more sweet relish... the meat was too salty for my taste. Thank you for a great sandwich spread recipe.... brought back a lot of memories!