Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my rendition of what my mom called "South of the Border" taco mixture. It's sweet and spicy and is perfect for tacos, Mexican salads, or dip.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, add chopped onions halfway through.
- Drain fat from beef.
- Add taco seasoning packet and add water as directed on package. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring heat up to medium and add corn. Stir until well mixed.
- Add sugar and mix well. Heat through.
- Add salsa and hot sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as a substitute for tacos (meat mixture with tortillas, shredded cheddar, lettuce, and sour cream), with tortilla chips, or in a Mexican salad.