Recipe by CountryMama
A dairy/egg-free recipe I got from the organizer of the local breastfeeding support group.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup prune, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup psyllium, husk
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first ten ingredients and then stir in nut butter and honey or syrup. Mix well.
- Press into two glass pie plates (or a pan with that holds a similar amount) which have been coated with olive oil.
- Bake at 325 F for approximately 20 minutes. Cut when cooled or crumble into granola.