Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and easy, this dish is nonetheless a hit on the table!
- 1 -2 skinless chicken breast, pounded flat (guys like the pounding part)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes pepper (according to your tastes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite salsa
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in shallow dish.
- Rinse flattened chicken breast (s) well under running water*.
- Dredge breast (s) in flour mixture (Easy way to pound a chicken breast: put it in a ziplock bag first, then flatten with the mallet or whatever you're using. Keeps splatters at a minimum).
- Saute chicken in oil on medium-high heat until done (make sure the meat is white all the way through).
- Place cooked breasts on plate, pour salsa over, and enjoy!
- Good with rice& beans, and tortilla chips.
- *Please always take precautions when cooking chicken or turkey!
- Wash your hands well after handling the meat, and wash all surfaces that come into contact with the chicken with hot water and soap.
I like this one because I can put my really hot salsa on when my wife uses her mild. It's easy to make and fast too.
This was very tasty! To use what I had, I used crushed up crackers instead of flour and a crushed garlic clove instead of garlic powder. I also added a little parmesan to the chicken while it was cooking. It turned out great! We really enjoyed it. Thanks for giving me an idea when I was in a dinner frenzy and didn't have anything to make.