Recipe by puppitypup
This simple and flavorful soup has been the lunch or dinner standby in our home forever. Comfort food that everyone will love.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or more) or 1⁄2 cup cream (or more)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and onion in pan, barely cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer.
- After 25 minutes, mash potatoes in the pan. (Do not turn the stove off and do not drain the water off.).
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and butter.
- After butter melts, add milk or cream to desired consistency.
- Cook a few more minutes to get soup back up to temperature.
- Garnish each serving with chopped green onions.