Recipe by puppitypup
Hubby loves these. They are quick and easy to make, plus they are can be made ahead for a party.
- 2 lbs rib eye steaks
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- garlic powder
- 4 French rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pepperoncini pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice meat with food processor as thin as possible. Cut onion into thin slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high. Add meat and onion and season immediately. Feel free to play with your spices. I like to use a seasoned salt and pepper like Krazy Jane's for this dish.
- Cook meat until done, then taste meat and add more spices as needed. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile slice rolls partially open and put two slices of provolone on each. Toast in oven on 425 degrees until cheese is melted.
- Pile meat and onions onto rolls and top with pepperoncini. Serve hot.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Undercook meat slightly and transfer to a crockpot on warm setting, not low or medium as you don't want the meat to overcook. Make the buns as directed and arrange on a platter nest the crockpot. It's okay if the buns aren't warm since the meat will reheat them.