Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good, they've been the hit of the party everywhere I take them.
Make and share this Julie's Pecan Caramel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together ingredients for bottom layer to a fine crumb consistency. Pat into an ungreased 9x13 pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle pecan layer using enough to completely cover bottom layer.
- Combine caramel ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium high until it comes to a good expansive boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat, then pour over pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven. It will not look done.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate over the caramel and gently spread so that it melts and blends in with caramel layer.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. I like to serve it in small squares, about 1 1/2", because they are very rich.