Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of my family's favourite cakes. I've been making it for years and it's often requested by friends! Lovely as a dessert too.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spray a 20cm ring tin.
- Cream the butter and cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add orange rind and mix well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Mix yogurt and orange juice and add to mixture.
- Blend well and place in prepared ring tin (tube pan).
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Stand cake in tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in a pan.
- Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes and pour over cake while still hot.
- It really is a sticky cake.
it was ok. In the method it doesnt tell you when to add the flour. normal icing may be better.