1/1 Photo of Julie's Mom's Perfect Potato Salad
My family would crowd into the kitchen to get their first forkfull of Mom's potato salad. It's that good! This potato salad is not at all sweet - something which was important for our family. Let it sit in the fridge as long as you can before serving... it's even better the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 finely chopped onions or 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise - a little more, depending on texture after mixing)
- chopped boiled egg, for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
- dill weed, for garnish
- 1Steam potatoes with skin on.
- 2Mix together all ingredients except potatoes.
- 3When potatoes are done, cut (it's up to you whether or not you want to leave the skins on) while still warm and fold together with the mayo mixture - it makes it taste better to combine while warm.
- 4Put into serving container and garnish.
- 5Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving (the longer the better).
- 6This potato salad is even better then next day!
- 7Note from Julie: I use the dried minced onion because I like their texture, omit the celery, and add about 1/4 tsp of both curry powder and dried mustard... but don't tell Mom. ;)
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie's Mom's Perfect Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.3 mg
- Sodium 467.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: