Recipe by Julessheldrake
Macaroni cheese with a twist. Packed with lots of flavours & colour. Serve with a mixed salad for a tasty wholesome family meal
- 300 g macaroni
- 200 g bacon lardons
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 30 g plain flour
- 150 g grated low-fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- 1. Cook pasta per instructions.
- 2. Fry off the bacon, leeks, onions, mushrooms.
- 3. In a separate pan make your cheese sauce by mixing the flour, mustard & stock and bring to the boil stirring continuously. Stir in the cheese and continue to stir until cheese has melted.
- 4. In a large oven proof dish put pasta, cooked bacon mixture and tomatoes stir to combine.
- 5. Pour over the cheese sauce & stir to coat the other ingredients.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 30mins until golden.