Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Finally found the original recipe! Fixed as of November 2014
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Lightly score meat on top and bottom.
- Mix marinade and soak meat for several hours, then barbecue.
- NOTE: I removed the 1/8 t kosher salt after the reviews, although I suspect those reviewers probably used regular soy sauce rather than the low sodium as listed. When I use the Italian dressing, I don't use the kosher salt, but if I use olive oil, I do use it.
I have been making this for a long time now. On the grill or in the oven it is an excellent recipe. The meat comes out very tender. My husband loves it so much I finally stopped buying anything but Flank to do this recipe. I also add a little sriracha because we both like a little spice. Thank you for this recipe it is wonderful!
Very good! I used regular soy sauce & I used Olive oil. I sprinkled with kosher salt after baking at 375 degrees for 45 mins... Cooked perfectly. My new recipe!
I did half the recipe. And omitted the salt and pepper. I used homemade soy sauce (no sodium) and worcestershire sauce. I used Italian dressingn and for half it requested 4 garlic clove but I used 2. I omitted the lime juice cause I didn't think it would change a lot (2 drops is not enough). Thanks Puppitypup. Made for Zaar Star Game.