Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I never had baked beans with ground beef before. Had these at a baseball picnic. OMG they were awesome the kids gobbled them up i had to fight off hubby to get seconds. Now they are a staple for us.!!
- 2 (24 ounce) cansoriginal bush's baked beans, drained
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (more or less to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 lb bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove 6 slices of bacon from pound.
- Chop onion.
- Dice bacon remaining bacon.
- Brown bacon and onion with ground beef.
- Give it a good drain.
- Fry 6 slices of bacon.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except 6 slices of bacon.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish (sprayed with Pam).
- Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I made this for a family Picnic, It was easy to put together! Everyone loved it, I only had about a 1/4 of it left to take home to enjoy for leftovers :( I pretty much heated everything up on the stovetop, and sauteed the onions and bacon together. Then I threw it in the crock pot during the party to keep it warm. If I had more prep time I would have just thrown it all into the crock from the beginning! Thanks so much for this Tasty Easy Recipe!!! Family Favorite now!
I followed the recipe exactly and although I was a little skeptical about ground beef in my baked beans, I loved it. My hubby loved it even more. We'll try it out at our first cookout of the year and see if everyone else thinks it's as tasty as we do. Thanks Julie.
This was yummy! I did add more ground beef as we love meat.