Recipe by Jules211
I never had baked beans with ground beef before. Had these at a baseball picnic. OMG they were awesome the kids gobbled them up i had to fight off hubby to get seconds. Now they are a staple for us.!!
Top Review by EJSadosky
I made this for a family Picnic, It was easy to put together! Everyone loved it, I only had about a 1/4 of it left to take home to enjoy for leftovers :( I pretty much heated everything up on the stovetop, and sauteed the onions and bacon together. Then I threw it in the crock pot during the party to keep it warm. If I had more prep time I would have just thrown it all into the crock from the beginning! Thanks so much for this Tasty Easy Recipe!!! Family Favorite now!
- 2 (24 ounce) cansoriginal bush's baked beans, drained
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (more or less to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 lb bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove 6 slices of bacon from pound.
- Chop onion.
- Dice bacon remaining bacon.
- Brown bacon and onion with ground beef.
- Give it a good drain.
- Fry 6 slices of bacon.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except 6 slices of bacon.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish (sprayed with Pam).
- Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.