Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, nutritious breakfast that's especially suitable for youngsters. Developed by my friend Julie, who is a soccer/hockey/cheerleading mom.
- 4 large bagels (I recommend the type you purchase from a retail bagel shop)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 113.39 g cream cheese, divided (I recommend spreadable or softened cream cheese, plain or flavored)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 29.58 ml water
- 113.39 g deli ham, divided
- 4 slice American cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Split bagels and place on baking sheet with cut sides up. Spray bagels lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bagels in oven for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove bagels and set aside. Leave oven turned on.
- Combine whole eggs, egg whites, and water in bowl. Beat thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- While scrambled eggs are cooking, coarsely chop the deli style ham. Set aside.
- Spread approximately 1 ounce of cream cheese on each bagel half.
- Continue to stir eggs occasionally until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Top each bagel half with 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, approximately 1 ounce ham, and 1 slice cheese.
- Return bagels to oven. Turn oven off.
- Remove bagels from oven in 2-3minutes or when cheese has melted.
- NOTE: This recipe is highly adaptable. Use any type of breakfast meat your family enjoys. We have even made this recipe with chopped leftover steak. You can also substitute any type of cheese your family enjoys. This is a great recipe for using up leftovers.