Recipe by puppitypup
I grew up on an avocado ranch, so I'm pretty picky about guacamole. This is our favorite recipe because of the lime juice and the mayo. The mayo makes the dip creamy and flavorful plus it lasts longer before turning dark. I use Best Foods/Hellmans mayonnaise.
Top Review by CraftScout
I wish I could have grown up on an avocado farm! But I did grow up on guacamole. This is a good guac recipe, though not our favorite. This is now the second or third time I have tried guacamole with mayo in it. Since there are quite a few recipes using it, I know that somewhere that is the preferred creaminess addition to guac, and I have been trying out different versions to see whether we like it. It gives it a "not fresh" flavor to me, even though I know everything in it is fresh! We did like the lime juice, and I would probably go with a very heavy pinch of the seasonings. :) Thank you for posting, I love seeing all the variations on familiar foods! Made for ZWT4.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onions
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the avocados and stir in the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Reserve some of the mayo and spread it over the top of the guacamole, then follow tips for storing. Right before serving, stir in the top mayo.
- TO STORE: If you have leftovers, put the discarded avocado seeds into the dip and place plastic wrap down inside the bowl, touching and completely covering the dip itself. Then put a second piece of plastic wrap tightly over the top of the bowl like you normally would.