1/4 Photos of Julie's Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix
1 hr 10 mins
My mix is based on a recipe that my childhood best friend's mother, Mrs. Harper, had for Chex Mix. It became an annual ritual for me to call her to ask for the recipe yet again. :) This mix is so very, very yummy and decadent! Good thing I only make it once a year...
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g bacon, slices (approx, up to 1/2 cup drippings) or 78.07 ml bacon drippings (approx, up to 1/2 cup drippings)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 1.23 ml ground sage
- 2.46 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 1.0 ml Tabasco sauce, to taste
The Dry Mix
- 473.18 ml dry roasted peanuts
- 236.59 ml cashew pieces
- 473.18 ml pretzels (whatever shape you prefer, but small ones are easier to handle)
- 1182.95 ml Corn Chex
- 709.77 ml Rice Chex
- 236.59 ml Wheat Chex
- 473.18 ml Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 236.59 ml cheese nips or 236.59 ml goldfish crackers
- 1Fry up the bacon until it's nice and crisp. Note: for those who've asked, 1 pound of bacon (in my experience) will yield between 1/3 to 1/2 cup of drippings. It depends on the bacon you use.
- 2Then place the cooked bacon in a container and reserve it for another use- it's the leftover drippings you're after!
- 3Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- 4Melt the butter and bacon drippings together in a saucepan, then stir in the seasonings to make a nice, buttery mix.
- 5In a very large bowl, combine the mix ingredients.
- 6Gradually stir in the buttery seasoning mix until the dry mix is evenly coated.
- 7Spread on cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.
- 8Spread on paper towels to cool.
- 9Store in airtight container.
- 10Makes about 14 cups Chex mix snack.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie's Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 (1975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 1228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt