Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I came up with this recipe for camping. It's an easy recipe with endless variations. You can play with the spices, the type of jam, and the cooking method.
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup jam
- Pat ribs dry, sprinkle with spices, then hand rub the spices into the ribs.
- Mix together the jam and barbecue sauce and brush onto the ribs.
- Barbecue on grill, turning and basting often. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your ribs and the heat of your grill. On our grill it takes about 35 minutes.
- OR put in crock pot on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- OR bake the ribs in the oven, covered with aluminum foil, at 300 degrees for 3 hours. Then uncover and increase temperature to 350 degrees. Baste with the sauce and bake one more hour, turning and basting again after 30 minutes. (DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR RIBS, THIS MIGHT BE TOO LONG OF A COOKING TIME, SEE THE REVIEWS).
- OR cook in heavy covered pot on stovetop, starting on medium and reducing heat after 10 minutes or so. Cook for about 3 hours, basting and turning as you go.
I used Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce and Raspberry jam. Kind of sweet for us, so next time I will add a little hot sauce to even out the sweetness. The oven method works good on this one. Thank you for sharing!
A wonderful oven BBQ rib dinner. I did change up the way they were cooked. I seared the ribs in a skillet; then put them in a baking dish, covered with sauce and covered with foil for 2 hours in the oven at 300F. Uncovered, basted with more sauce for another 20 minutes. Delicious!
What would have been an enjoyable meal turned out ribs that were WAY overdone and tough as shoe leather! The flavors were lost, and the meal went into the garbage. I have always cooked my ribs in the oven at 350 for 1 hour, but I followed the recipe exactly the first time around with bad results. I'm sorry for the low rating, but my meal was ruined completely. I do want to thank you for sharing it with us however!