These will get gobbled down as fast as you can put them out on a plate. :) At first I thought it would be silly for me to enter my recipe in for them, because it's so simple. But like my Mom's tartar sauce recipe which you can find here, my family likes deviled eggs which are not at all sweet. People always rave about them when I make them this way, so I think it's worth sharing the recipe. Picnic storing and serving tip: fit two filled halves together, wrap in waxed paper or other kitchen wrap, and twist the ends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the eggs (I usually do it under running water, for ease) and slice them in half lengthwise.
- 2Slip the yolks out and place them in a small bowl; break up the yolks by pressing them through a fork.
- 3Add the mayo, dried minced onion, curry, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste, and moosh around with the fork until it's all mixed/creamed together well (if you like, you can use an electric mixer-it's up to you); you can add a little mayo to get the texture you prefer.
- 4Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture and sprinkle each half with a little paprika; set them on the serving plate.
- 5If you can chill them for at least 30 minutes before serving, that's great- otherwise, put'em on the table and step back quickly before you're run over by your guests.
- 6A note re the dried minced onion: I use this ingredient in a lot of recipes because of the texture and taste; I like the way they add a tiny bit of crunch and a wonderful flavor to the eggs.
- 7Sometimes I add some chili powder, Tabasco, or jalapeno for a little kick, depending on the guests I'm making them for.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie's Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g