Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my Family Recipe Box, this was the first recipe I ever created on my own, when I was a teenager.
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery & leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cooked potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Chop celery and carrot; add onion; add water, simmer 30 minutes; add garlic, salt, and bouillon.
- Add simmered mixture to mashed potatoes slowly until gone; add chunked potatoes.
- Add butter, milk, and paprika and heat through.
- May serve with chives and parsley and grated cheese if wished.
- Makes 3 or 4 servings.
- From the Family Recipe Box, in Julie's teenaged handwriting; no date, but I remember coming up with this recipe on my own sometime around 1980- Mom was so proud!
This is very good soup. I added some crumbled bacon and garnised with cheddar cheese. It's even better the second day!
This soup is great! I have used it for years whenever I felt the need for comfort soup on those cold winter days.