Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A zesty and filling one pot meal with ground beef, rice, and black beans. Quick and easy to fix. Corn and sliced black olives can be added, as well. Great with a green salad on the side!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Brown ground beef, garlic, and oregano in a large frying pan over medium high heat until cooked through. Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, cayenne pepper and chili powder. (The more cayenne pepper used, the hotter the dish.) Stir until evenly distributed. Increase heat until liquid starts to bubble. Stir in cooked rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve.
I enjoyed this rice dish very much! The only change I made was to omit the tomato sauce as I wanted a lighter tomato flavor. Due to the decreased liquid I only simmered for about 10 minutes. It turned out great and I will be making this again!