Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is much better the second day, or after having set in the fridge for several hours. I don't use the patty shells. The 6 hours passive time is actually refrigerator time.
- 3 cups diced chicken
- 1 cup orange section
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 12 pastry shells
- Combine chicken, salad oil, orange juice, vinegar and salt.
- Let stand about 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Add remaining ingredient, tossing to coat well.
- Spoon evenly into pastry shells.
- Yield: 12 servings.