Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and delicious! The cream cheese and green onions really make this dish special. This was originally a bean dip recipe, but we like it so much we serve it as refried beans too.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup queso ranchero
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, minced
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon enchilada sauce
- Mix ingredients together and heat in the microwave until everything is melted and mixed well.
- If serving as a dip, place in crockpot on warm. Tastes even better if you make it up ahead of time, refrigerate 'til needed then reheat.
- Note: When doubling the recipe, it's okay to use a 30 ounce can - you don't have to be exact with the measurements.
DH really liked this one. I used half of Recipe #249207 for the beans. Didn't have enchilada sauce so used salsa.
Excellent! Easy to prepare and a wonderful flavor. I agree with the title - great as a side or as a dip. Thanks for sharing!
This was really easy and tasted Great!!! I accidentally opened a can of refried beans instead of black beans so I decided to make a dip. Sooo glad I chose this one. Thanks so much for posting. I will be making this again for sure!!