Recipe by puppitypup
Easy chicken that's fancy enough for company and tasty enough for family. Even your picky eaters will like this one. Can be made ahead and pulled from fridge a half hour before baking. Works well with skinless chicken too.
Top Review by KateL
Loved it! Very moist. Our saltines disappeared with our chili last night, so I used Herr's Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips. Cinco de Mayo, anyone? The chips may have dwarfed the almonds, but the overall taste was to die for! Just 2 giant chicken breasts came to 2.5 lbs, so I guess we each ate half a chicken, and were very, very full. I used a food processor for the cracker crumbs, and after I wiped it out, for the almonds. Next time I will use bone-in chicken but remove the skin prior to coating. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 10x13 pan, melt butter with garlic.
- In wide, shallow bowl combine cracker crumbs, parmesan, almonds, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip chicken in garlic butter, then in crumb mixture. Place skin side up in baking dish containing garlic butter.
- Bake uncovered one hour or until done, basting occasionally with pan drippings.