Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy chicken that's fancy enough for company and tasty enough for family. Even your picky eaters will like this one. Can be made ahead and pulled from fridge a half hour before baking. Works well with skinless chicken too.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 10x13 pan, melt butter with garlic.
- In wide, shallow bowl combine cracker crumbs, parmesan, almonds, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip chicken in garlic butter, then in crumb mixture. Place skin side up in baking dish containing garlic butter.
- Bake uncovered one hour or until done, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
Loved it! Very moist. Our saltines disappeared with our chili last night, so I used Herr's Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips. Cinco de Mayo, anyone? The chips may have dwarfed the almonds, but the overall taste was to die for! Just 2 giant chicken breasts came to 2.5 lbs, so I guess we each ate half a chicken, and were very, very full. I used a food processor for the cracker crumbs, and after I wiped it out, for the almonds. Next time I will use bone-in chicken but remove the skin prior to coating. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
This is a great chicken recipe. It has a nice flavor and keeps the chicken very moist during baking. I used 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts pounded about a 1/4" thin and baked at 350F for 25 minutes and it worked well. I used the microwave to melt the butter and added the garlic to bowl after and used that dish to dip the chicken into then drizzled the remaining over the chicken before baking. The almonds add a very nice flavor to the coating. I did have to make a bit more coating but that is because I used flattened chicken instead of pieces so no big deal but a hint for others that might want to use boneless. Thanks for sharing in 123 Hits.
Unbelievable delicious! Excellent flavor, and very tasty. Just enough seasoning, moist, and juicy. This is definately one of my favorite recipes. THANKS !!