Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this with chicken and it was great. This is for the BBQ Sauce contest. You can use this on your own chicken recipe or here's the recipe including the chicken preparation if you like Alabama BBQ Chicken and White Sauce (Grilled)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients in blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate sauce in airtight container for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Nice on BBQ grilled chicken.
- Can reserve some sauce, before you put it in contact with the raw chicken, to pass with the grilled chicken after.
Loved it! I'm from NC and had never heard of white sauce, but my son and I are studying Alabama, and I stumbled upon this, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. It will now be on my family's regular meal rotation. I marinated the chicken for 24 hours with a standard marinade, then grilled the chicken while basting on 3/4 the sauce. Served the remainder of the white sauce on the table. Deeeeeelicious!!!
Whipped this up today for use with either some fried chicken or a rotisserie chicken. It is really delicious and I plan to have it for lunch tomorrow; however, it didn't stop me from sampling it a few times before I placed it in the refrigerator. Love the horseradish along with the vinegar and black pepper. Can't wait to try it on my family. Made for the Best of 2011 Cookbook tag, February, 2012.
been looking for this recipe! thank you! it is fantastic :)