Top Review by jgatton
Loved it! I'm from NC and had never heard of white sauce, but my son and I are studying Alabama, and I stumbled upon this, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. It will now be on my family's regular meal rotation. I marinated the chicken for 24 hours with a standard marinade, then grilled the chicken while basting on 3/4 the sauce. Served the remainder of the white sauce on the table. Deeeeeelicious!!!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients in blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate sauce in airtight container for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Nice on BBQ grilled chicken.
- Can reserve some sauce, before you put it in contact with the raw chicken, to pass with the grilled chicken after.