Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from my cousin Julie several years ago. Everyone loved it and it was served at many showers and brunches. If you don't like mint, you can try a different flavor for that layer. One of my friends used peanut butter. This takes awhile to make because it must chill after each layer. It is not difficult.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) canhershey chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and flour 9" x 13" pan.
- Cream the sugar and 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter.
- Add the eggs, flour, salt, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Then put in refrigerator to chill.
- Mix 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter with the confectioner sugar and creme de menthe.
- Spread over the chilled brownies.
- Put back in refrigerator to chill again.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter.
- Spread over the top of the mint layer and chill again!