Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from my cousin Julie several years ago. Everyone loved it and it was served at many showers and brunches. If you don't like mint, you can try a different flavor for that layer. One of my friends used peanut butter. This takes awhile to make because it must chill after each layer. It is not difficult.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and flour 9" x 13" pan.
- Cream the sugar and 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter.
- Add the eggs, flour, salt, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Then put in refrigerator to chill.
- Mix 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter with the confectioner sugar and creme de menthe.
- Spread over the chilled brownies.
- Put back in refrigerator to chill again.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter.
- Spread over the top of the mint layer and chill again!