Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
TOH Quick Cooking
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add carrots, onion, butter, sugar and bouillon
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and coldwater until smooth; stir into carrot mixture.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
A very nice side dish! I cut the butter back to 2 1/2 tsp and added a sprinkle of dill for colour. I thought the amount of water seemed to be to little, but it worked out fine. Thanks for sharing!