Recipe by Beeks
This is a very different salad because it contains no lettuce.Once you try it I sure you'll enjoy it. It was given to me by a nutritionist.
Top Review by ladypit
This was time consuming to prep because the julienning took a while. But it looked lovely and smelled heavenly. Only problem was that the taste was SO tart from the large amount of lemon that it was hard to eat. I think I'd make it again but change the dressing around. (I will say that, after it had set and we ate a bit I tried to add a little splenda to offset the tartness. That did not work at all and just made it taste weird. So please don't try that!) This one has potential, but I think it needs to be tweaked a bit. Thanks for a healthy one to try!
- 1 cup julienne cut carrot
- 1 cup julienne cut zucchini
- 1 cup julienne cut green beans
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix all vegetables together.
- In a small bowl mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to blend dressing into vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled for around 2 hours.