1/1 Photo of Julienne of Veal/Poultry/Pork (Microwave)
The original recipe called for raw veal. I have changed it to use leftovers, add color and create more sauce. The fun here is that you can use other spices or herbs in place of nutmeg, add more veggies, whatever suits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, julienned
- 6 ounces cooked turkey (turkey, chicken, veal, or pork all work) or 6 ounces cooked chicken (turkey, chicken, veal, or pork all work) or 6 ounces cooked pork, julienned (turkey, chicken, veal, or pork all work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or 1/3 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- hot cooked noodles or hot cooked rice
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 1In a microwave safe casserole or baking pan, place 1 tbl. butter. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Add the green onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper, stir, and microwave on High for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- 2Add the julienned meat, and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring once.
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove all the solids from the pan and set aside. Pour the juice into a measuring cup and add enough water or broth to make 1/2 cup.
- 4Put 1 tbsp butter in the pan and stir in the flour completely. Cook for 1 minute on High. Gradually whisk in the juices, wine and half-and-half or cream. Return to the microwave and cook for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- 5Stir in the meat and veggies, add a couple of gratings of whole nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on High for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Serve over hot noodles or rice. Sprinkle with minced parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julienne of Veal/Poultry/Pork (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 164.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.0 g