Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Carrots make a colourful accompaniment to any broil or baked meat. This recipe cookes very quickly because the carrots are shredded into long strands.
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Using vegetable peeler or food processor, shred carrots into long strands.
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook carrots for 1-2 minutes or until barely tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water and drain again.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in honey and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add carrots.
- Stir and toss 2-3 minutes or until carrots are heated through and well coated.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg to taste.
It's pretty easy. I switched out the butter for coconut oil. Tasted good!
Tried this in the microwave. It worked perfectly. Cook the julienned carrots with about 1/4 cup water for about 7-8 minutes on high, and then add the seasonings and honey after draining and heat on high for 30 seconds. Presto! Super side dish! Thanks!!
Delicious & interesting way to prepare carrots! It was quite time consuming to shred the carrots without a food processor but worth the results - it looked really appealing on the plate. The lemon & honey flavours were barely noticeable but the nutmeg makes this dish unique & tasty.