1 hr 15 mins
Julie was my brother’s long-time girlfriend, and when they broke up, we really missed her rum cake!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 eggs
- 1Grease a Bundt pan and sprinkle the pecans evenly into the bottom.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Mix cake mix and pudding mix together.
- 4Blend in salad oil, rum and eggs until even.
- 5Bake for 55 minutes.
- 6During last 5 minutes of baking time, prepare glaze.
- 7Put all glaze ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes.
- 8Take cake out of oven, and pour glaze on the cake, being careful not to get any on the sides of the pan.
- 9Continue baking on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes more.
- 10Cool in pan before removing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie’s Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 501.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g