1/3 Photos of Julie Haggerty's Perfect Pound Cake Trifle
1 hr 20 mins
This is from "Sandra Lee - Semi Homemade Desserts", chosen for QueenBee in the August Cookbook Swap. It looks like an easy, tasty, appealing dessert when you have family or casual company. Cooking time is refrigeration time TIP : It is better the next day ! ***Suggest you use ONLY best quality frozen berries ! I made with store-brand, and was too soggy !****
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 3/4 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3 cups whole milk, cold
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1.Trim crusts from pound cake, cut cross-wise in 3/4 inch slices.
- 2Cut each slice diagonally into triangles.
- 3Place slices in bottom of 2 1/2 quart clear glass bowl.
- 4Brush generously with sherry.
- 5Spoon berries evenly over the slices.
- 6Whisk milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until creamy and thickened.
- 7Refrigerate 15 minutes until set.
- 8Pour mixture over berries.
- 9Refrigerate trifle 10 minutes.
- 10Spread cool whip on top, and cover with plastic.
- 11Refrigerate until served.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie Haggerty's Perfect Pound Cake Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries