1 hr 30 mins
From her original cookbook - I love syrup cakes. This one is my families favourite and I had to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Add the zest and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Sift the flour and ginger. Fold into the creamy mix.
- 3Pour batter into a greased and lined 26 cm spring form tin.
- 4Bake at 150oC for 50-60 minutes (or until cooked when tested).
- 5Meanwhile, when the cake is cooking: place the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Dissolve the sugar over a low heat. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Skim off any scum that arises. Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10 minutes (you should have just over a cup of syrup).
- 6Remove the cake from the oven when cooked, pierce the top of the cake all over with a skewer, carefully pour the syrup all over the cake. Leave to cool completely.
- 7Remove the cake from the pan and slice into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julie Goodwin's Orange Syrup Cake
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g