1/1 Photo of Julia's Sole Meunière
Perfect recipe for 2 from Julia's Child's Kitchen Wisdom book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the fish with salt and pepper and turn in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a pan until the butter foam begins to subside.
- 3Lay in the fillets and sauté for about a minute on each side, just until the fish begins to take on a light springiness to the touch. -Do not overcook; if the fish flakes, it is overdone.
- 4Remove to a hot platter and sprinkle a tablespoon of minced fresh parsley over the fish.
- 5Rapidly wipe the pan clean with paper towels (so the flour residue will not speckle the butter to come – or use a fresh pan).
- 6Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the pan, swishing it about and letting it brown lightly. Remove the pan from heat, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, and capers before spooning the hot butter over the fish.
Nutritional Facts for Julia's Sole Meunière
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 1561.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g