Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was part of an article about Julianna Margulies in Good Housekeeping May 2013. Searching for it online did not give me a recipe to save - so I am submitting it to keep ! They just sounded so good and easy enough that I could make them. I hope so ! Original recipe stated use 1/4 Cup - People who tried stated a Tablespoon or Scoop makes the 18 macaroons.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted (white, or milk can be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, coconut and salt. Add condensed milk and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Drop batter by Tablespoon / scoop (original recipe called for 1/4cupfuls), 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until just golden on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, dip top halves into melted chocolate of your choice; let stand until set.
There is a mistake in the instructions. When I got out the 1/4 cup to measure the macaroons I realized that was way too much and wouldn't make 18 macaroons. I used a tablespoon to measure each one and I had exactly 18. They turned out perfectly in the amount of baking time specified. Everybody loved them!
I made this recipe and my husband raved that this was the best coconut macaroons he had ever had. The recipe is so easy and quick to make. My husband like them with and without the added chocolate topping.
These are awesome! I agree the scoop should be more like a Tablespoon but any way you make them they are wonderful!! SO easy and delicious - my family loves them!