1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This looks scrumptious! Mmm...warm bread pudding! From Penzey's Spices catalog, this is a sample recipe from their One Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups stale bread (1 medium loaf)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
WHISKEY SAUCE (makes 1 cup sauce)
- 1Combine the stale bread, PB, chocolate, and butterscotch chips, nuts, shredded coconut, raisins, and dried cranberries.
- 2Mix together the sugar, milk, cream, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- 3Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture.
- 4The mixture should be moist but not soupy.
- 5Pour into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 6Place on middle rack in non-preheated oven.
- 7Bake at 350°F for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown.
- 8When the bread pudding is done baking, prepare the WHISKEY SAUCE.
- 9Heat butter and sugar over medium heat until all the butter is absorbed.
- 10Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk.
- 11Pour in bourbon gradually to taste, stirring constantly.
- 12Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 13Serve warm over bread pudding.
- 14***BOURBON NOTES: Using Jack Daniels will result in a stronger taste, whereas Southern Comfort will give you a sweeter taste.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julianna's Junk It N'awlins Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1454.3
- Calories from Fat 744
- Total Fat 82.7 g
- Saturated Fat 47.2 g
- Cholesterol 254.0 mg
- Sodium 703.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 125.2 g
- Protein 17.9 g