Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have adapted this wonderful recipe to make it easier to make while retaining all of Julia's wonderful flavors. One of our local stores actually carries pre-made mirepoix (the first three ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cook the first three ingredients in 3 Tbsp butter until tender.
- Add the garlic, herbs, and 1/4 cup water.
- Boil slowly until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Pulse the squash and beans with the the onions, celery, and carrots in a food processor until you have a puree.
- Beat in the eggs, cream and all but 2 Tbsp of the cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 1 Tbsp butter to butter a oven proof casserole.
- Spoon in the puree.
- Dot the top with the remaining cheese and butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the upper third of the oven.
- The puree should be bubbling and the top brown.