I have adapted this wonderful recipe to make it easier to make while retaining all of Julia's wonderful flavors. One of our local stores actually carries pre-made mirepoix (the first three ingredients)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425.
- 2Cook the first three ingredients in 3 Tbsp butter until tender.
- 3Add the garlic, herbs, and 1/4 cup water.
- 4Boil slowly until the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Remove the bay leaf.
- 6Pulse the squash and beans with the the onions, celery, and carrots in a food processor until you have a puree.
- 7Beat in the eggs, cream and all but 2 Tbsp of the cheese.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Use 1 Tbsp butter to butter a oven proof casserole.
- 10Spoon in the puree.
- 11Dot the top with the remaining cheese and butter.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes in the upper third of the oven.
- 13The puree should be bubbling and the top brown.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Puree of Pumpkin and White Beans (Adapted)
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 204.7 mg
- Sodium 523.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g