2 hrs 3 mins
best pita bread ever
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix and knead.
- 2place in greased bowl and let rise double in bulk.
- 3push down and let rise again.
- 4roll out dough and cut in half.
- 5then cut into quarters.
- 6then cut into thirds.
- 7shape into flat round shapes and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 8preheat oven to 550 degrees.
- 9place to or three on hot stone watch closely.
- 10as soon as they puff up remiove them from oven and let cool.
- 11repeat until all are cooked.
- 12this will only take a few minutes and they will be very lightly browned.
- 13but if not brown don't worry because they are done.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Pita Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g