Recipe by Susie D
This is one of the first recipes I made by Julia Child and I still use it often. I like using these for a brunch or stuffed with ham & cheese for breakfast on the go.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
I had drop biscuits lol I added a bit more flour and kinda kneaded it . I thought it was because I halved the recipe. They were very good and I will make them again.Hubby liked them very much. Made for world tour 8
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons chilled shortening
- 4 tablespoons chives, minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Add minced herbs.
- Stir in the eggs& buttermilk.
- Turn onto a floured surface& knead mixture briefly.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2" thickness& cut into rounds.
- Bake on an ungreased baking pan at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.