1/4 Photos of Julia Child's Grated Zucchini Sauteed in Butter and Shallots
Wonder, rich, and something people don't expect. You will have people wanting this recipe once you serve it. There are variation at the end that makes it even richer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the zucchini and measure.
- 2For each two cups of zucchini toss with 1 tsp salt.
- 3Let squash drain in a colander for 3 to 4 minutes or until you are ready to begin cooking. If too salty rinse and drain again.
- 4Squeeze in a clean kitchen towel until most liquid is pressed out.
- 5In a skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter and the olive oil.
- 6Saute the shallots/scallions briefly.
- 7Add the zucchini and toss, cooking about 4 minues or until tender.
- 9More Mediterranean:.
- 10Add a little more olive oil and minced garlic.
- 12Stir in 1 cup creme fraiche or heavy cream and simmer until the cream has been absorbed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Grated Zucchini Sauteed in Butter and Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 69.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g