Wonder, rich, and something people don't expect. You will have people wanting this recipe once you serve it. There are variation at the end that makes it even richer.
- Grate the zucchini and measure.
- For each two cups of zucchini toss with 1 tsp salt.
- Let squash drain in a colander for 3 to 4 minutes or until you are ready to begin cooking. If too salty rinse and drain again.
- Squeeze in a clean kitchen towel until most liquid is pressed out.
- In a skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter and the olive oil.
- Saute the shallots/scallions briefly.
- Add the zucchini and toss, cooking about 4 minues or until tender.
- More Mediterranean:.
- Add a little more olive oil and minced garlic.
- Stir in 1 cup creme fraiche or heavy cream and simmer until the cream has been absorbed.