Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by a recipe in Julia Child's "From Julia Child's Kitchen." May be used hot as a side dish, or cold as a dip.
- 1 firm shiny medium sized eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pureed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 a lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seed paste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Pierce eggplant 2 or 3 times on each side with a knife and place in an oiled baking dish. Put dish into oven on middle rack, baking 25-35 minutes, until thoroughly soft to the touch.
- Once the eggplant has cooled some, cut open and scrape out the flesh. Saute the flesh with olive oil and garlic to get rid of excess moisture.
- Place the sauteed eggplant into a food processor. Beat in the sesame seed paste, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. You may add a little more olive oil if the paste is too thick. Fold in chopped parsley and transfer to serving dish.